“As for the qualities of which you may know,
1) lead to dispassion, not to passion;
2) to being unfettered, not to being fettered;
3) to shedding, not to accumulating;
4) to modesty, not to self-aggrandizement;
5) to contentment, not to discontent;
6) to seclusion, not to entanglement;
7) to arouse persistence, not to laziness;
8) to being unburdensome, not to being burdensome’:
You may categorically hold,
‘This is the Dhamma, this is the Vinaya, this is the Teacher’s instruction.'”
If you are not sure if what you heard are the true teachings of the Buddha, refer to AN 8.53
PTS: A iv 280 Gotami Sutta: To Gotami translated from the Pali by Thanissaro Bhikkhu © 1996.
Any of the teachings which are directly opposite of the above, are NOT Buddha’s genuine teachings ya… may you be a wise follower of the Buddha.